Curtis Borchert Scholarship
Upper Midwest Bakery Association (UMBA) Scholarship Program
2013 Curtis Borchert Scholarship Recipient – Gabe Howard (also pictured Joann Borchert)
Click here for previous scholarship winners
Click here for the scholarship application.
Scholarship applicants are required to be one of the following:
• Family member of the owner of a retail bakery
• An employee of a bakery
• Student in a Culinary Institute or Baking School working toward a baking/food service or related career
Nominee must have:
1. The applicant is to be a student in a baking/food related post secondary educational program.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
3. This information is to be provided by January 1 of the year they receive the scholarship.
4. The Bakery that the applicant is to be connected to must be a member of UMBA
The scholarships are awarded at the annual UMBA convention.
Applicants are asked to complete the following application form and return along with it a short essay of 250 works answering the following question:
“Why is the baking/food industry a good choice for a career path for you and what difference do you feel you can make in this industry?”
Time line for the 2011 – 2012 academic year:
Application to be in by January 1, 2012
Proof of grades to be for fall semester/quarter
Scholarships to be awarded at the annual convention February 25-26, 2012
Mail applications to:
Upper Midwest Bakery Association
729 Park Avenue
North Mankato, MN 56003
For more information call 320 493 7554